How To Use A Lyft Scooter: User-Friendly Procedure
With the increasing demand for alternative transportation nowadays, the Lyft company’s offer of scooter rental services has easily grown popularity especially to those who are already fans of electric scooters. This is definitely an eco-friendly option which allows an individual not only to contribute in reducing greenhouse gas emissions but also to ride with affordability. If you want to try it for fun, or for an everyday transportation alternative, here are the steps on how to use a Lyft scooter.
How Do You Use Lyft Scooters?
In learning how to use Lyft scooter, we will be dividing the instructions into two sections – the booking and the riding part. For the first part, you shall learn how to book a scooter using the app. For the booking part, you shall know how to operate the scooter and be charged properly by the app.
How to Book?
- First, download the Lyft app from the app store.
- Once the download is finished, open the app and register.
- Check if the scooter service is available in your city. If it is, you shall see a small scooter icon on the app interface after registration.
- Tap the small scooter icon. The interface will then show you a map with the populated location of the nearby scooters around you.
- Choose among the populated scooters and select the one that you want to reserve.
- Book it in advance and indicate the time when you want to pick it up. You can reserve a scooter as latest as 15 minutes before your desired ride time.
How to Ride a Lyft Scooter and Control It?
- Once you are with the scooter, scan the QR code on the scooter to have the booking started. You will be paying a dollar to unlock and be charged 15 cents per minute on-the-fly.
- To start the scooter, kick-start the ground twice.
- For safety, make sure to master these controls first before fully starting your ride:
- To accelerate, press the control on the right-side of the handlebar.
- To stop, squeeze the brake on the left side of the handlebar.
- Be mindful of the battery level. The battery status is displayed on the handlebar as well as in your Lyft app.
- If you must make a stop along the way, open the Lyft app and tap Lock to hold or pause your scooter to pause time until you are on your way again.
- Once done riding, tap End Ride. You will then be charged of your time.
The Lyft company has really made sure that there is an ease in renting and trying out this scooter service. For sure, almost everyone, if not all, are already familiar in using the earlier ridesharing services offered by Lyft. Making the scooter service accessible on the same app will make it easier for those newbies to explore and try it!
The procedure available above is a proof how user-friendly this service can be. Now that you know how to use a Lyft scooter, come on, try it now!