How To Install A Bruno Scooter Lift? – Tips Worth Knowing
If you have a scooter and use it to help you get around, you should know how perfect your mobility is. However, moving your scooter by car can be bothersome as most scooter units are too spacious and heavy for someone to lift. Luckily, many scooter-lift companies can make traveling with your scooter a little more convenient. Installing a lift for a scooter like the Bruno VSL-670 requires a mindful approach for its perfect placement. Here is how to install a Bruno scooter lift.
Installing a Bruno Scooter Lift
- Choose where to mount your scooter lift. This Bruno VSL-670 has an L-shaped base that should be bolted and fixed down to your vehicle’s floor. The area must be wide enough for both the lift and scooter. The installation will also require to drill several holes in the vehicle floor. So sift through the area to make sure that this installation will be doable. See that no wires or other significant components, such as the gas tank, will be compromised by the process. Measure to see if there is enough height for the lift to work and that the boom can swing out and in with your scooter attached.
- Place the lift base inside your vehicle and be ready to mark the bolt holes' location. The lift has two legs which join in a perpendicular angle at the bottom. Adjust the perfect length of each leg for you to allow the right fit. Once you made sure that the lift is stable and the holes can be drilled safely, use a marker to mark the holes to be drilled. Remember that there are three holes: one at the ends of each leg, and one at the lift base. Then, remove the base. Drill three holes at the locations using a drill and the appropriate bit. Before you drill, be sure that the hole can be drilled without damaging anything underneath. Install the lift by using a ratchet and socket. Then, install the bolts through the drilled holes and tighten it.
- Now, fix the wires by first locating the red wire. Use a wire-crimping tool and a proper crimp to attach it to your vehicle's electrical system. Then, find the black wire and ground it to your car's chassis. Once the wire connections are complete, test the scooter lift functions to make sure that it is fully operational.
Tips for Installing Your Bruno Scooter Lift
- Several scooter lift manufacturers offer a battery power pack product, which lets you operate your lift without any wiring from your vehicle's battery.
- Drilling into your vehicle’s floor is hazardous if you are not aware of what is underneath. Always have a visual inspection first to ensure the hole can be drilled without ruining your car.
Your scooter can already take you to places. It can do all the wonderful things just on its own. So, can you imagine the possibilities now that you can put your scooter in the back of your car? Be mindful and safe, and you can finish installing your own Bruno scooter lift in no time.