How To Fold A Scooter? – Easy Instructions
Scooters are a fun and convenient tool for anyone who wants to go around their neighborhood or campus when they need to run an errand or get some fresh air. And the best thing about using a Razor scooter is you can easily fold it once you are done riding, thanks to its levers.
Razor scooters are easy to fold; however, it is necessary to fold it correctly. If the scooter is not stable and you fail to unlock its levers at the right time, the scooter could come unfolded. When folding your regular or Jr. Razor scooters, make sure that the components are in suitable working condition and void of rust. Below are the steps on how to fold a scooter.
Instructions On How To Fold A Scooter
- Put one foot between the wheels on the foot stand. Make sure the scooter is stable and hold onto its handlebars to prevent the scooter from moving.
- If you are using the Razor Jr. type, the handlebars do not have buttons, so it is much simpler. You only need to take care of the last lever.
- About halfway down from the handlebars, you will find a circular piece of metal. One side of the lever is a clasp. Pull it away from the scooter. Doing so will let you adjust the steering column.
- Lower the handlebars, then push them down using one hand. Use your other hand to hold onto the steering column. This will make the steering column lower and disappear into the main part of the scooter.
- Flip the clasp again to hold the steering column in place.
- Flip the lever to the side to release the locking mechanism. This will make the scooter almost automatically fold up into a shape that is easy to carry around.
- If you want to unfold the scooter, press the release lever. Next, pull the handlebar in the other direction to open the scooter. Then, open the clasp and pull the steering column up to your desired height. Close the clasp to lock it in place.
Aside from easy access and convenience, one of a Razor scooter's best features is you can fold it and carry it around when you are done riding. Folding and unfolding it is relatively easy. You just need to follow the steps on how to fold a scooter, and you're good to go. Although, remember to be mindful of your fingers as you are folding it. There isn't much risk, but still, keep your fingers clear for your safety.